We represent a regional member subset of the International Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE).
Join our Listserv!
To join the NC-ASTE listserv or to update your listserv membership, follow this link.
Fall 2017 Conference Dates and Location
We meet each fall for a conference (Thursday evening through Saturday noon) to provide support for professionals involved in the development of teachers of science at all levels. This conference is typically early in the month of October.
The 2017 regional meeting will be held on October 5-7 at
STEM Village at Winona State University in Rochester, MN.
Our Friday field trip will be a visit to the Zebrafish Facility at the Mayo Clinic. We’ll be able to tour the lab, “demo some fish” and speak with folks from the InSciEd Out group that translates the work that goes on in the lab into activities for the classroom.
Book our group rate for hotel at:
Country Inn & Suites Rochester-South
77 Woodlake Dr. SE | Rochester, MN 55904
20 rooms reserved | October 5th- 6th
Rooms are under “Association for Science Teacher Education”
$99 a night | Rooms are blocked until September 9th
We currently support two awards:
- The Davis-Foster Graduate Student Research Award
- Graduate students are encouraged to apply for the Davis-Foster Graduate Student Research Award. This award entails submitting a paper for review by the current officers of the Region. The due date for submissions is two weeks prior to the annual fall regional meeting. Papers must be primarily graduate students’ work with a statement of contribution submitted by faculty members when applicable. No more than one paper as first author can be submitted per award cycle. Papers must conform to current Journal of Science Teacher Education formatting and length guidelines. Two copies of a paper should be submitted to the current Regional Director, one of them being blinded for review purposes. The recipient of this award receives a monetary prize. The awardee will be reimbursed for the registration fee paid to attend the ASTE national meeting the following January. Multiple graduate student authors will split the award.
- The North-Central Legacy Award
- This award is intended to honor long time members for their service and professional involvement in the organization. The nomination process involves putting forward a 250 word paragraph. Send nominations to the current Director.
- Director, Jesse Wilcox (2016-2017) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Director-Elect (2017-2018), Joshua Ellis (email@example.com)
- Past Director (2015-2016), Jerrid Kruse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate Student Elect, Jeanna Wieselmann (email@example.com)
- Treasurer, Mark A. Minger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Treasurer, Michael (Mickey) Kolis (email@example.com)
- Secretary, Melanie Reap, (MReap@winona.edu)
- Webpage for NC-ASTE, Matthew J. Benus (firstname.lastname@example.org)